Without regular "tune ups," all computers slow down with use. Junk files accumulate on your system. Fragmented drives, cluttered registries, and driver conflicts degrade PC performance, leading to system crashes and freezes.
System Mechanic Pro combines 6 powerful products to maintain your PC and maintain in peak condition, offering total PC care and security in a single integrated package. System Mechanic Pro runs automatically, intelligently cleaning and tuning your entire computer. Or you can launch select tools in the software whenever you think your system may need a boost.
Performance and security features include registry repair; hard drive, memory, and registry defragging; junk file and file fragment clean-up; application management to reduce overhead; antivirus and firewall protection; true data recovery to restore lost or deleted files; and military-standard file erasure and drive scrubbing. A licensed version of System Mechanic Pro can be installed on up to 3 computers.
What's new in version
ActiveCare keeps your PC running like new - Now smarter, leaner and fully configurable
New ActiveCare just got leaner, smarter, and even better at keeping your PC humming along at full speed. And it does this silently in the background, only working when your PC is on but not in use.
ActiveCare has new options to give you full control over how and when it runs, and ActiveCare's idle-time processing has been refined to detect battery power, CPU activity, and more, so that it truly does operate without ever interfering.
Defragment and Compact Registry tool - Registry optimization with graphical feedback
Our next-generation Defragment and Compact Registry tool now performs a comprehensive analysis of your registry, detects performance-draining bloat, and displays wasted space with instructive, color-coded graphics.
It then removes the bloat and defragments your registry at the next system startup.
DriveSense - Real-time hard drive status
For expert users, the new DriveSense provides real-time data about the status of hard drives, including drive temperature and other indicators of drive reliability.
More new features and enhancements
* New navigational links within the tools simplify moving throughout System Mechanic.
* iolo's library of programs and program components has been expanded to target resource-robbing programs unnecessarily clogging your PC's startup process and to detect potentially dangerous software.
* System Mechanic now inherits your Windows Vista Aero theme for an integrated look and feel.
* Access to Windows Firewall is now integrated into System Mechanic for seamless updates and configurations. And if no firewall protection is detected, System Mechanic will alert and help you to turn on the Windows Firewall.
* Gives you access to enhanced Search and Recover 5, with its new interface and expanded file and media support, and updated DriveScrubber 3 with more options for wiping files and drives.