To get an overview over all of these fonts, you can use the tool PrintMyFonts by Stefan Trost Media. With this tool, it is possible to list all of your installed fonts as well as arbitrary fonts from your hard drive or disk. You can type in any sentences or single characters, which then will be displayed in the different fonts, so that you are able to compare these fonts. The font list can be displayed on your screen or you can save the list as PDF, Microsoft Word document (DOC or DOCX) or image file in the formats BMP, JPG or GIF. The best output format depends on your purpose. For example, an image output can be used to show a font list on your homepage.
Of course it is completely in your hand what fonts are printed and which sentences or letters are used. For example you can print all your fonts or only a few for your next document chosen with the preview. Then you have possibilities for direct comparison without notiseable additional expenses.
You are also able to print an example and the name of all your fonts from your computer to have a font survey for your next document on the paper.
* Simple operation: With only one mouse click, you are able to print your fonts. Nevertheless there are many other self explaining justifications available.
* Installed and saved Fonts: The fonts must not be installed to be displayed with this tool. Alternatively to a display of installed fonts, you can also choose folders with font files. So you can have a look at fonts before installing them or you can compare new fonts with your old ones.
* Print only what you want: Besides printing all fonts you can select also only single ones and decide freely what is printed in this font: the name of the font, a numbering, a sentence and letters of your choice or everything, together.
* Unicode Support: The font printer is fully compatible with Unicode, which means that you can print any Unicode character in each font. Thus, it is possible, for example, to display different character sets, or to look up to see if your font contains all glyphs for arbitrary Unicode characters, because there can not be a glyph for each Unicode character in a single font file (look here).
* Survey: Keep survey and use the preview instead of printing blindly and wasting paper.
* Output as PDF: With the free PDFCreator you also simply can store the output as PDF and do not have to print everything on paper.
* Output as an Image File: Your list of fonts can also be saved as an image file in the formats BMP, JPG or GIF. If the resulting file is too large, the font list can automatically be divided to several separate files, so that also large font libraries can be stored.
* Output as Word Document: If Microsoft Word is installed on your computer, you can also show your fonts in Word and save the list as DOC or DOCX document.
* Show Font directly: It is possible to show the list of fonts written in the system font or alternatively in the respective font directly. So you can immediately see, how a font looks like.
* Larger Font Preview: If you want, you can show a larger Box for Font Preview, in which you can type in arbitrary characters and sentences, which are then displayed in the fonts. With this feature, it is also possible to compare and change font attituedes like font size or font style (bold, italic, underlined).
* Extended attitudes: Bold or italic fonts, page distances, text distances and much more is adjustably freely.
* Formats: All common font formats like ttf, otf, fon, fnt, fot, ttc, mmm, pfb and pfm are supported by PrintMyFonts. For a detailed overview, you can have a look at the page formats, where there are explainations of this file formats.
* Show Name of Font: The name of the font can be printed in a standard font, so that you can also read the names of symbol fonts.
* Freeware: This tool is completely free for you, you are able to use it unreserved and pass it on.
* No installation: The program works without installation. This spares your Registry and you can immediately use it.