Just ask the hundreds of people that have registered MP3-Boss -- there really are too many features to list! Here are just a few:
* MP3-Boss works with Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, WinXP and VISTA -- and comes with full uninstall if it doesn't meet your needs.
* Integrated Winamp support. Use the BEST audio player in the industry. Some organizers make you give up your favorite player. Not MP3-Boss -- it lets you keep using Winamp the way you always have, OR use the embedded controller in MP3-Boss to control Winamp!
* Automatic scanning of MP3 and WAV tags (ID3v1, ID3v2, Lyrics and more). Plus, it is just as easy to use a single command to write ALL of your changes to the files. How about read-only files on CD? No problem -- the MP3-Boss database stores ALL of your information in an easy-to-backup database.
* Support for all these file formats! Winamp directly supports ALL of these formats (built-in or via plugin).
o MP3-Files (MP1, MP2, MP3)
o MP4/M4A Files
o Windows Wavefiles (WAV)
o OggVorbis Audiofiles (OGG)
o Monkey's Audiofiles (APE)
o FLAC Audiofiles (FLA/FLAC)
o WMA Files
o Musepack Audiofiles / MPEGPLUS (MPP, MPC)
o AAC Files
o Shorten (SHN)
o AIF Files
* Tag formats
o ID3 Tags Version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 (writeable)
o Lyrics Tags Version 1.00 and 2.00
o WAV Tags
o APE Tags Version 1.0 and 2.0
o OggVorbis Tags
o WMA Tag
o MP4/M4A Comments
* Rating Songs. Have so many songs that you've never gotten a chance to rate them? MP3-Boss makes this EASY! Individually rate the song that's playing, change the song category, even rename the file! Plus, an audio-preview function means that you can listen to song snapshots to QUICKLY rate your songs!
* Extensive database functions - sorting, searching, filtering, reporting. Want to play just a specific artist, album or title? Just filter the database and INSTANTLY play the songs you want. No other manager makes on-the-fly playlist so fast and convenient.
* General file management - rename, copy, move, delete (even while playing music). No longer will you need to worry about WHERE you store your audio files -- MP3-Boss keeps track -- and changing the name or folder in MP3-Boss automatically updates the actual filename and folder! Wait until you see how FAST you can move hundreds of files to a new drive -- MP3-Boss caches the changes you want to make and takes care of all that tedious work in the background -- while you continue to play your music!
* Safe! Plan to move a lot of files around? Most programs will blindly move your files from drive to drive without worrying about file corruption. MP3-Boss verifies that the file transfer was successful before the original is deleted -- you'd be surprised how easy it is to get corrupted files without this extra safety check!
* File cleanup - find exact or partial duplicates, and delete the songs you don't want - move the duplicates to the recycle bin, a new folder, or even to CD!
* Artist cleanup - an amazing new way to look at your songlist by Artist -- and correct hundreds of artistnames with just a few clicks!
* CD functions - create CD label inserts, automatically delete duplicates from your hard drive that are already on a CD, find filenames that will cause problems when burned to CD. PLUS, a smart-search that will treat all of your CD drives as equivalent.
* Rename or move your files. Want to move all your Death Metal to a new folder with subfolders based on the Artist & Album? MP3-Boss makes it EASY! Plus, because it intelligently moves files in the background, you can keep playing your songs while it does the heavy lifting in the background!
* Album Art New release (Nov2008) now shows all the graphics files that are in your music file directories. A great way to get additional information about your songs -- plus MP3-Boss gives you immediate access to those files -- for printing, cleanup or to use with other graphics programs.
* Copy Shortcut New release (Nov2008) lets you click on the selected song and drag ... so you can paste in other applications. Or, right-click on the selected song and use Windows Explorer functions to bring up the song in any of your other associated applications.
* PAR, PAR2, SFV Cleanup New utility function (Nov2008) lets you cleanup and confirm your Usenet downloads. Just specify the download directory and a cleaned directory -- and MP3-Boss will verify that the song sets are complete (using MD5 or CRC32 checksum verification) and then move the complete sets to a new directory based on the tagged Artist/Album information. While other utilities can cleanup Usenet downloads, MP3-Boss actually reads the embedded information and can really organized the files. This is a first for Usenet cleanup!
* Beats per Minute. Are you a DJ? Want to sort your songs by BPM (beats-per-minute)? How about automatically and quickly calculating beats-per-minute for all your songs using AutoBPM? Advanced calculations make sure that only the CORRECT BPM is entered for your songs. A quick-BPM mode moves through your songs as quickly as possible...moving to the next song once the BPM calculation is stable.
* Create reports based on all or some of your songs, songs on a specific CD, or just the songs in the current playlist. Plus, playlist reports can be sent to a TEXT, RTF or HTML file... or sent to the screen or printer. Almost 20 different report formats! Have a special format you just NEED? Send me a sample and it can be added!
* Create custom right-click menus to email your files, send them to Albumwrap, a Hex Editor and more! Amazing how easy it is to manage your files when YOU are in control!
* Audio-fingerprinting and intelligent artist identification (using an internal database of more than 17 THOUSAND verified artists) means that your music can be identified even if the tags are missing! Direct links to song and artist information on the Internet mean that now it is SIMPLE to find more songs from your favorite artists!
* Winamp playlist repair - automatically fix playlist path information for all your Winamp playlists.
* Online help, a forum, and tooltips (in English, Spanish and German) means you are never far from help. Plus, we offer the best and fastest support in the industry.
* Too many special functions to list - more than 50 fields shown for each song, including up to 64K of text, full lyrics and more. Set song start and end play times, keep user and song statistics.