FL Studio, formerly known as FruityLoops, is a fully featured, open-architecture music creation and production environment for PC. No extra software is required to produce any style of music, as the complete set of instrument and studio tools is included in the cost of the package. With the included plugins, sounds and tools the user can create complete songs, as well as backing tracks, loops and sizzling beats.
· Internal 32 bit floating point mixing, up to 96kHz stereo.
· Supports DirectSound and ASIO enabled sound cards for audio output.
· Ability to function as a VSTi, DXi and a ReWire client.
· Ability to host ReWire clients itself.
· Realtime linear interpolation & sophisticated interpolation algorithms at rendering time.
· Open architecture allowing third-party instruments (enhanced proprietary FL instruments standard, VSTi and DXi2) and effects (enhanced proprietary FL effects standard, VST, VST2 and DirectX).
· A full set of high-precision mastering and special effects filters: reverb, compressor, procedural equalizer, distortion, phaser, flanger, bass boost, delay line and other.
· Advanced sequencing methods allowing quick entering of realistic drum loops (step sequencing grid) and composing complex instrumentals (advanced piano roll, arpeggiator, keyboard tracking, real-time gate).
· Unique note properties morphing ability (pitch, cutoff, resonance, panning).
· Advanced mixer: 68 mixer tracks (64 insert and 4 send tracks) supporting up to 8 filters each; mixer tracks rerouting for creating of complex mixer chains; track recording with ASIO input support (for recording MIDI, vocals etc.); integrated procedural equalizer, volume and panning for each mixer track.
· Integrated instruments: Sampler, TS404 (the popular bassline engine), 3xOSC (subsynth), Plucked! (plucked strings), MIDI Out, DX10 (FM synth), Scratcher (turntable emulator), WaveTraveller (wave bend synth), Wasp (demo), SimSynth Live (demo), and more.
· Advanced playlist & full-featured audio tracks.
· Live recording of control movements & integrated automation events editor.
· Easy MIDI remote controlling of most parameters (VST plugins supported as well).
· Procedural control over parameters by using special controller plugins.
· Click removal & volume ramping to avoid pops.
· Imports *.WAV, *.SYN (SimSynth 1 & 2), *.DS (DrumSynth) files, with effects applied.
· Imports MIDI sequences and controller events.
· Exports audio to 16Bit or 32Bit *.WAV file, *.MP3.
· Can export MIDI notes & controller events to a standard MIDI file.