However, if you persevere and conquer the identification, you will find collecting, cooking and eating wild mushrooms opens up many new, exciting and rewarding culinary areas to explore.
In choosing mushroom recipes I have tried to sort out one appropriate to each of the species covered but these recipes are in no way meant to be exclusive to one species. Once you have become adept at finding and naming mushrooms, you often discover that at the end of an afternoon's searching, you have a mixed bag of perhaps eight or ten edible species. Most dishes are enhanced by a mélange of fungi so just pick any of the recipes in the book and try it with the mushrooms you've collected. Virtually any mushroom recipe can be adapted to suit the mushrooms you have collected.
* All the most popular edible species of mushroom described in detail
* Navigate the recipes in either a book type view, or by recipe, or by species
* Detailed images of all the mushroom species and many of the recipes. The images are zoomable for more detail
* Select a species and get a list of the best recipes for it
* Select a recipe and get a list of the best species for it
* Context help screens on each page
DISCLAIMER: We have made every effort to ensure accuracy of this application but, in the end, the responsibility for identifying correctly and eating any mushroom or fungus must rest with the individual.
Roger Phillips (author) and Glen Byram (developer) accept no responsibility for any injury, sickness or death arising from mushrooms eaten, picked or used in any way whatsoever.