TripReport is an application that sends periodic messages with your location to persons you select from your contact list. No user interaction is required after the initial setup. TXT messages are sent to phone numbers you have selected and email messages are sent to the email addresses you have selected. You can configure the app to send your location every 5,10,15 minutes etc. If you are traveling and want to keep your family and/or friends informed of your location, this is the app for you.
The simple setup procedure is:
1) Go to the 'Configure' tab and enter your name and your iPhone number.
2) On the 'Configure' tab, notice that the default Update Frequency is 10 min. In other words your location will be sent to the contacts you add every 10 min. You can set this to a minimum of 5 min. Change this if desired.
3) On the 'Configure' tab, the Desired Accuracy is set to 200 meters. This is the accuracy of your location. You can set this to a minimum of 10 meters. Be aware that setting this to a low number will require more battery power and time for the iPhone to acquire your location.
4) On the Start/Stop Tab: Press the 'Add' button to select phone numbers and/or email addresses from your contact list. For cell phone numbers, select the cell phone carrier on the detail screen. [ Press the '>' on the far right of the screen. ]
5) On the Start/Stop Tab: Press 'Start' to start sending your location. Press 'Stop' to stop sending your location to your selected contacts.
Here is an example of the message that will be sent to your selected contacts: