TRIPpatrol allows the school bus driver to set the locations of schools, depots, transfer locations, and student bus stops. Positional information is also gathered on a 10 second interval. All the data is sent to a central server where it can be analyzed later for improvements.
The safety of the school bus driver and students is extremely important to us. When a school bus driver uses this application, there are no buttons to click and no interaction with the driver occurs while the vehicle is in motion. Once the vehicle stops for a short period of time, and screen is displayed that allows the driver to indicate why the vehicle has stopped. If the vehicle starts moving again without the driver indicating a purpose for stopping, the screen prompting for a purpose is removed. The only interaction a driver has with this application occurs when the vehicle is idle.
TRIPpatrol allows BusBoss customers to view live bus locations and speeds. This information can be used to quickly and easily generate bus routes by saving GPS coordinates of everywhere the vehicle traveled. These routes can also be imported into BusBoss so that the routes can be optimized for both time and distance, resulting in a net savings for the school district.
TRIPpatrol with BusBoss gives you many benefits:
• Automatically create new bus runs using live GPS data.
• Eliminate manual data entry.
• No hard wiring is required.
• Automatic bus stop locations.
• Fully integrated with planned bus routes.
• Instant alerts when speeding or deviating anyway from the planned routes.
• Track, store, and report on real times and real miles, for an entire fleet during the whole year, or just one bus one day.
• Incorporated Map views for zooming in for as much or as little detail as needed.
• Analyze and optimize routes to save money and time.
• Flexible, intuitive and easy to use!