For iOS 7 users
For users of the MediaRemote remote control function, after updating to iOS 7, re-registration of the device is required.
New “TV SideView" mobile App is coming!
TV SideView is an entertainment application that works with selected Sony home devices such as BRAVIA, Blu-ray Disc(TM) Player, Blu-ray Disc(TM) Home Theater System, Sony internet TV, etc.
With it, you can operate devices easily and enhance your TV watching experience through your smartphone or tablet device.
For existing Media Remote app users, TV SideView app will offer additional functionalities in addition to being able to control Sony home devices.
Media Remote is an application that works with selected Sony home devices like a Blu-ray Disc™ Player or BRAVIA devices, etc.
With it, you can operate your home device via other mobile devices, or you can display information related to the content that you are currently watching on your mobile device.
- Compatible products
Blu-ray Disc™ Player: BDP-S370,S470, S570, S770, S1700, BX37, BX57, S380, S480, S580, S780, BX38, BX58, S390, S490, S590, S790, BX39, BX59
Blu-ray Disc™ Home Theater System: BDV-IZ1000W, HZ970W, E970W, E870, E770W, E670W, E570, E470, E370, T57, F7, F700, F500, E985W, E980W, E980, E880, E780W, E580, E380, T58, L800M, L800, L600, N990W, N890W, N790W, N590, E690, E490, E385, E390, E290, E190, NF720, NF620, EF420, EF220, T79, T39
Streaming Player/Network Media Player: SMP-N100, N200
AV Receiver: STR-DN1020, STR-DN1030, STR-DA1800
BRAVIA: KDL-HX92 series, HX82 series, HX72 series, NX72 series, EX72 series, EX62 series, EX52 series, EX42 series, EX32 series, CX52 series, HX85 series, HX75 series, EX65 series, EX55 series
Sony Internet TV: NSX-24GT1, 32GT1, 40GT1, 46GT1, NSZ-GT1
VAIO: VAIO L (SVL241)
This app is not designed to work with PlayStation®3 or older versions of Sony devices.
- Key features
1. Simple Remote: This allows you to navigate through the graphic user interface. Simply glide your finger over the screen to move the cursor, and tap any place on the screen to enter a selected item.
2. Full Remote: This gives you the option to use almost the same buttons as you would have available on an actual remote control, enabling one touch control of most of the key functions of your Sony devices.
3. Keyboard: to help you type characters more easily, a full QWERTY touch-screen keyboard has been included.
4. Free Cursor Remote: You can move the cursor freely while the browser is displayed on the TV screen.
5. Catch & Throw: You can receive/send the URL of a website between your home device and your mobile device. You can display the website you are currently viewing on the TV on your mobile device or you can display the website you are currently viewing on your mobile device on the TV.
6. Disc History/Disc Information: This will allow you to view information on the movie you are enjoying – allowing you to find information about the cast or director, or find an image of the package. There is also a seamless link to YouTube etc. to search for content related to the movie.
7. Now Playing Bar: You can see information related to the movie or program you are watching, or search for related content. You can also share this information on the content on SNS sites.
8. Game Pad: You can play games or applications on Sony Internet TV using your mobile device as a controller.
- A couple of things you should know
1. "Media Remote" will only work if your mobile device and your home device are on the same wireless network.
2. Some functions may not be available, depending on the home devices you are using.
3. Some functions may not be available in some regions/countries.
4. A seamless link to YouTube etc. is subject to change or termination without notice.