"Best App for Remote Desktop control"
... O'Reilly's "Best iPhone Apps"
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Features include a streamlined user interface that gives you the best possible remote desktop experience on any of your mobile devices.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it! Just visit: http://www.jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a true RDP and VNC client. You don’t need to download additional software to connect to your machine if you already have RDP or VNC configured. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
Unleash the full power of your iOS device when connecting to your computer. With support for multi-tasking, Full bluetooth keyboards (including modifiers), HDMI/VGA out, copy/paste, auto-correction, AirPrint and audio streaming, Jump will help utilize your iOS device to the max. Jump's multi-threaded rendering engine will automatically utilize the extra CPU cores on your device to accelerate your remote desktop experience.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming, remote printing and Windows 8 Touch Redirection are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
If you need help, visit http://support.jumpdesktop.com or email us at: email@example.com
* Multi-protocol: RDP and VNC
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi and 3G without worrying about your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
* Universal application: Works on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Automatically optimizes UI based on the device
* Full support for iOS multitasking: Switch to other apps without disconnecting
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a unique presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer.
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard support: Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys all work (Alt+Tab / Cmd+Tab also work)
* SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
* Supports large custom screen resolution
* Full mouse support: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement.
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste support: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008/R2, SBS Server, Windows 8/8.1, Server 2012/R2
* New: RD Gateway support!
* Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
Supports 8, 16 and 24-bit colors and all RDP performance options
* Printing support: Print directly to a Wi-Fi printer using RDP's printer redirection feature (exclusive feature on the App Store!) Note: Requires AirPrint-compatible printer
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7 and above
* Touch redirection support for Windows 8 and above (exclusive feature on the App Store)
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
* Black & white, gray, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Support for locking the Mac's screen while connected
* Supported encodings: copyrect, zrle, tight, (zlib)hextile, zlib, rre, raw, desktop-resize