WARNING: If you have any comment, suggestion or question about iReadFast, remember that you can contact me by visiting the support page of my website: www.gengis.net/prodotti/iReadFast_iPhone/en/contatti.php
How it works:
Human brain can receive and process information at a speed much higher than the speed we can reach while reading.
While we are reading, our brain has to control the eyes to follow and keep focus on the text, moreover it has to continuously keep track of the point we reached. All these tasks mechanically limit our reading speed while our brain could go much faster.
iReadFast uses the RSVP (Rapid Serial Visual Presentation) method to display the document one word at a time (or a few words at a time) at adjustable speed. This method avoids the mechanical limitations of the normal reading and unleashes the power of our brain, permitting us to easily reach a higher reading speed without compromising the understanding. The RSVP method is also of some help to people affected by light dyslexia or similar problems.
- Use copy/paste to import text from almost any app
- Bookmarks (you can place them also while reading at high speed)
- Library to save your documents along with bookmarks and the point in which you stopped reading
- Paste URLs or use the integrated web browser to load web pages
- The smart forum discussion loader will save you a lot of time (read more later)
- You can open TXT and simple PDF documents from other applications supporting the 'Open with...' function
Smart forum discussion loader:
Have you ever spent hours reading a long forum discussion? Navigating thru all the pages, looking for the content of your interest lost among big signatures, quotes and a lot of images that slow down the loading of each page?
Now iReadFast can save you a lot of time! Simply use the integrated web browser to load any page of the discussion, iReadFast will recognize the forum discussion and load just the pure content, also if it is spread over many pages. In a few seconds the full discussion will be loaded and ready to be read at high speed.
Currently 2 of the mayor forum engines are supported: PHPBB and MyBB, and others will be added in the future versions.
- Our average reading speed is 200 WPM (words per minute)
- With the speed reading method used by iReadFast you can easily reach 400 WPM the first times you use it
- With some practicing you can achieve 600 WPM and more
- iReadFast is set to display up to 1200 WPM (but a few really talented users actually asked to increase this limit)
- Multi-word visualization option permits to multiply furthermore the actual reading speed
At www.gengis.net you can watch a video demonstrating the usage of iReadFast, more information on the App and the possibility to contact the autor.
Note: There is no lite/free version of iReadFast for iPhone, but you can download and experiment with iReadFast for Mac which is completely free.