FTP Command Line also contains a built-in editor, allowing you to upload, download, and edit files in real-time, right on the FTP server. Easily make changes to a web page, HTML, script, or text file and update your web site instantly!
Supports a variety of connection options, including passive connections (PASV) and FTPS secure connections (AUTH TLS).
Having full control over your FTP server is an absolute neccessity when managing a web site, making FTP Command Line the perfect tool to have even along-side a graphical FTP client. With FTP Command Line, the power of FTP file transfer is at your fingertips!
- Fully featured command-line FTP client for the iPhone or iTouch.
- Supports nearly every available FTP server command, including upload, download, edit, rename, delete, create directories, delete directories, list directories and files, change chmod permissions, status, and many more!
- Built-in editor allows you to edit or create web pages, HTML, scripts, or text files right on the FTP server.
- Supports passive connections (PASV) and FTPS secure connections (AUTH TLS).
- Remembers username login information per FTP server for easy re-connection.
-- Quick Start Tutorial
1. Run FTP Command Line.
2. Type: open ftp.mysite.com
or: opens ftp.mysite.com (for FTPS connection with AUTH TLS)
3. Type: USER your_username
4. Type: PASS your_password
5. Once logged in, use any of the available FTP server commands to manage your files. Some of the common commands are:
ls - list the files and folders in the current directory
list - list the details of the files and folders in the current directory
cd new_directory - move into the directory "new_directory"
get file_name - download the file "file_name" for viewing and/or editing
put file_name - upload a new file named "file_name"
del file_name - delete the file named "file_name"
site chmod 755 file_name - change the permissions of a file to 755 (public executable)
help - view all available ftp server commands