Dolch Sight Words - 3rd Grade
WHAT ARE DOLCH SIGHT WORDS ?
In 1948 Edward William Dolch, PhD, compiled a list of the most frequently used words in the English language. The list consists of 220 words and the 95 nouns. Many of the words could not be "sounded out" and had to be learnt by "sight". Sight words make up 50 to 70 percent of any general text.
Chirpy is a friendly cheeky, fun loving chicken who has been specially developed from valuable feedback from parents, educators and children all around the world.
Let Chirpy teach your child to recognize the 3rd Grade set (41 words) of the 220 Dolch sight words through the use of our interactive flash card app.
• Rich colorful graphics
• Child friendly interface
• High quality professionally recorded audio featuring the amazing voice of Carole Richards
• Many changeable backgrounds
• Complete control of audio behavior
• SHAKE function for random words
better bring carry clean cut done draw drink eight fall far full got grow hold hot hurt if keep kind laugh light long much myself never only own pick seven shall show six small start ten third today together try warm
• Children who love and watch the Wiggles, Bananas in Pajamas, Little Einstein, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Disney channel, Thomas The Tank Engine, Dora the explorer, Barnie, Winnie the pooh, Blue's Clues or Sesame Street.
• People learning English or the ABC (alphabet)
• Parent home schooling
• Preschool teachers or parents who uses flashcards
• Children learning to read or recognize sightwords
• Kids wanting to learn on their own
Please feel free to contact us with your feedback so that we are able to improve and produce the best possible application for you and your child.