Thank you for having interest on Arab Keyboard for the Web application.
With this application you will be able to write and search for Arab text in most web-based applications of iPhone.
Namely, you can use Arab language with the following applications:
- Send emails with subject/body
- Search Google
- Search Google maps
- Search YouTube
- Search Yahoo
- Wikipedia articles
- Search Facebook (you need to be already logged in)
Unfortunately iPhone is not able to fully support a complex language, as Arabic. Thus there are some implementation issues which keeps us back from implementing a full working solution. Still, we are willing to support as much as possible and please use the email form in the support website to inform us of any problems and how this could be useful. We are thus waiting your feedback.
Some of the features of this application:
- Input is handled by the native iPhone keyboard. Since there is no Arabic keyboard for iPhone, the usual english keyboard will be displayed. The english letters will be translated on the fly to Arab letters. The keyboard layout is QWERTY.
- Text is preserved between successive runs of the application. If the application is closed for any reason, the text will re-appear the next time the application is launched.
- Simultaneous use of English/Arab keyboard, and any other standard keyboard iPhone has.
- Display country flag to hint the user of the currently active language.
- Contextual forms are not supported natively in iPhone. Even in non-contextual format, the character sequence is preserved and is useful in any supported application.
- SMS application is not able to receive Arab text. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the SDK and currently could not be resolved.
- Display of English glyphs on the keyboard, instead of Arab.
- Mainly only web-based or web-alike applications could be supported.
- Auto correction for the Arab language is not present.
Some notes for optimum usage:
- The first line of text while sending email is the "subject" line.
- In order to search in Facebook, you should have already signed in in Safari.
Feedback is appreciated! Please use the web address to contact with me directly for any questions/problems, in English.