iMedicalApps review: "...a worthwhile comprehensive overview of the abdominal history and physical exam presented in an easy-to-master, interactive format with multiple teaching modalities."
AnswersIn Abdominal Examination combines audio, video, photographs, illustrations, animations and many more interactive elements to create an engaging, immersive app which comprehensively covers how to take a medical history and examine the abdominal system.
Created by Professor Owen Epstein, a leading London Teaching Hospital physician, the app provides high quality, accessible medical information for all healthcare professionals from undergraduate students to those undertaking postgraduate qualifications.
Designed to be much more than a just an on-screen textbook, the app includes:
- over 1hr 30 mins of audio delivered as an engaging interview (supporting multi-tasking), covering each component of the history and examination process
- the history section which covers the main symptoms for the major abdominal organs including oesophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, small and large bowel and urinary system
- a comprehensive examination section including all elements of the abdominal examination including extra- and intra-abdominal organs
- accompanying explanations and illustrations for all the major abnormal signs in the examination
- interactive on screen elements and high quality animation specifically designed for this app including: how to check for shifting dullness; examine for spider naevi; examine inguinal hernias and much more...
- high quality photography of the examination steps
- videos of key examination steps including examination of the liver, spleen, kidneys and more...
- accompanying text for each section which can be copied onto the clipboard and integrated into your own notes
- link to the @braingut “clinical sign of the day” Twitter page
We hope you enjoy this app which is part of the AnswersIn series, delivering specialist level knowledge to your iPhone / iPad ensuring access to high quality medical information on the move.
Look out for further examination app releases in the near future.
Our customers say:
"Thanks for the trial of this app. Really enjoyed it and think it would be very useful for our students. Definitely intend to recommend it." Neil, Clinical Teaching Fellow, Dundee
"Please could you notify of all new products. The resources are excellent quality, and just perfect to have on my iPhone." Paul, Junior Doctor.
Information on this application is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider. AnswersIn Medicine is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any form of damages whatsoever resulting from the use (or misuse) of information contained in or implied by the information on this application.