Dating back to the 6th century BC, Aesop’s Fables tell universal truths through the use of simple allegories that are easily understood. Though almost nothing is known of Aesop himself, and some scholars question whether he existed at all, these stories stand as timeless classics known in almost every culture in the world.
THE OAKS presented a complaint to Jupiter, saying, "We bear for no purpose the burden of life, as of all the trees that grow we are the most continually in peril of the axe." Jupiter made answer: "You have only to thank yourselves for the misfortunes to which you are exposed: for if you did not make such excellent pillars and posts, and prove yourselves so serviceable to the carpenters and the farmers, the axe would not so frequently be laid to your roots."
The Hare and the Hound
A HOUND started a Hare from his lair, but after a long run, gave up the chase. A goat-herd seeing him stop, mocked him, saying "The little one is the best runner of the two." The Hound replied, "You do not see the difference between us: I was only running for a dinner, but he for his life."
The Traveler and Fortune
A TRAVELER wearied from a long journey lay down, overcome with fatigue, on the very brink of a deep well. Just as he was about to fall into the water, Dame Fortune, it is said, appeared t
The ZyngRule ebook reader is a modeless, full screen reader -- no toolbar to consume valuable screen real estate, or switching back and forth between full screen and toolbar screen modes. Instead, use the large menu button at the top-left or top-right to access the menu. The menu button remains invisible until you touch it.
* Autoscrolling -- scroll through the book without touching the screen. When combined with large sized fonts, this reduces the fatigue associated with reading small fonts. Pull the screen back towards you to pause scrolling.
* Easy built-in dictionary -- expand your vocabulary by simply swiping across a word.
* Fast text search
* Annotate sections of the book using the Text Bookmarks and Notes features. You can also email the notes for further editing.
* Adjust font line space for more comfortable reading
* Stylish, animated graphics and a plethora of fonts and colors
* Realistic paper texture backgrounds for book pages
* Super-fast, instantaneous loading of chapters and bookmarks
* Use fast, colored, and animated bookmarks or easy to read Text Bookmarks
* Sound effects
* Night mode support
* Night mode text brightness control
* Background brightness control
* Page Up/Page Down speed control
* Book catalog to read previews of other books
Show full descriptionLess description
Aesop's Fables by Aesop - Zyng Screenshots
User reviews of Aesop's Fables by Aesop - ZyngRule ebook