The yWorks OrgChart Editor demo application showcases the visualization and interaction qualities and capabilities of the soon-to-come yFiles for Android diagramming class library.
The demo application already gives an impression of what is possible using the UI controls in yFiles for Android.
Among other things, the demo shows:
* interactive exploration of the diagram: structures can be collapsed and expanded
* intuitive reorganization support for substructures using a touchmove gesture
* support for panning the canvas
* pinch gesture support to zoom the canvas
* different level-of-detail visualizations for elements depending on the zoom factor
* automatic layout calculation upon structural changes
* undo support
Additionally, it also features:
* editing properties of elements
* support for importing contact data
* loading and saving of diagrams
The application requires a single permission and that is the permission to read your contacts. This enables you to import contacts from your phone directly into the diagram without having to re-enter all that information again. Note that since the application has no permission to access the internet or messaging services, the application will not and cannot disclose that information to anyone.