Secure SMS Pro vs. Secure SMS How to choose?
If you are on unlimited text plan, Secure SMS is good enough to you as function of encrypt/decrypt of content is all you need. However if you are on PAG (Pay-As-You-Go) plan, then Secure SMS Pro is best for you as it provides message content encryption PLUS SMS delivery (prepaid credit purchase required) combined together in one package.
1. Application is free to try. There will be a flat-fee charge for SMS delivery to supported countries/regions (exclude US, Spain, Germany, France, Hungary, Korea) via our SMS gateway if you decide to keep it and use for secure communication. The cost is 0.09 USD for every 140 8-bit character length SMS and multiple charge will apply if length exceeds 140 (same charge rule as your service provider). Please take note length of converted SMS after encryption will be longer than your original plain message.
2. A list of country calling code prefix can be found from wikipedia here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_calling_codes Frequently asked dialing prefix are +1 (US), +886 (Taiwan), +86 (China), +60 (Malaysia), +91 (India) and +62 (Indonesia)
3. Only Android versions (3G SIM version) 2.0 ~ 2.3 are supported now.
4. It is highly recommended to change the default master encrypt/decrypt key-pair for sender/receivers in message exchange for enhanced security.
Secure SMS Pro is a client-side encrypt/decrypt application which allows user who wants a bit of privacy on SMS communication to encrypt their message content and (optionally) to send message via our SMS gateway on prepaid credits purchased. Only targeted recipient who has the correct decrypt key would be able to decrypt the encrypted SMS and read the message. You can remain anonymous if messages were delivered via our gateway as original sender of the message absent in CLI (sender ID).
Feature highlight of the application includes
1. (Option) SMS message can be sent via our SMS gateway and sender remains anynymous (requires prepaid credits and 1 credit for 140 8-bit character, multiple charges applies if exceeds 140 characters)
2. peer-to-peer secure message communication by AES-128 encrypt/decrypt mechanism
3. remove of messages from device's default inbox for enhanced privacy control
4. separate keys for each individual contact or a default key for all (can be enabled on settings option)
5. password (PIN) required for accessing message view page (can be enabled on settings option)
6. password (PIN) required for accessing settings page (can be enabled on settings option)
7. password (PIN) required for accessing keys management page (can be enabled on settings option)
8. incoming secure message notification on status bar and one click to view
For further details, please refer to [menu]/[settings]/[more]/[info] inside application.