Over 2000 terms commonly used by registered nurses (RN) are defined and categorized in this handy mobile reference and flashcard application. Kaplan's Medical Terms for Nurses is designed to help you learn important terms you will need in both the workplace and for licensure exams. With this application you can quickly scroll through terms to find a definition, use the search feature, or study and test your knowledge with flashcards.
Kaplan Medical Terms for Nurses includes:
- alphabetical listing of all terms for ready reference
- study sets grouped into seven categories: anatomical, conditions & diseases, equipment, medications, signs & symptoms, tests & treatments, and an other category
- phonetic pronunciation of each term
The Medical Terms for Nurses App is designed as a mobile reference and learning tool. The application works in two modes; Reference and Flashcards.
Reference mode includes the ability to:
- Scroll alphabetically through the terms
- Search for a specific term including terms within a definition. For example, search on catheter to find names of the different types.
- Easy text scrolling makes learning complex information more manageable
Flashcards mode include the ability to:
- Study a category or take a quiz to test your knowledge -- you decide
- Try multiple choice to try and match one of four definitions to the appropriate term
- Reverse the question & answer side of the flashcard to match the term instead
- Test your knowledge in quiz mode
- Hide or show the score panel to track your progress and hone your study goals
- 5 star performance scoring -- to track your improvement!
- Star a card and put it in your own card set
- Set the font size you prefer makes it easier on the eyes
* About the Author: Janet Duffey is Assistant Professor of Nursing at Napa Valley College (Napa Valley, CA). She teaches medical terminology to nursing students and contributed to the 19th edition of Taber's Medical Dictionary. She has spoken frequently at nursing conferences.
* Medical Terms for Nurses is designed to be used for self study and test preparation purposes only. The publisher is not responsible for use of this application in any manner other than its intended purpose as a study guide.