GrooVe IP Lite is an android app that that connects to Google Voice using Voice over IP (VoIP). What this means for you is you can make free unlimited calls to any phone in the US or Canada without using your voice minutes. GrooVe IP Lite works on any android device, phone or tablet, and allows you to make calls using a WiFi data connection. If you have a smartphone with Wi-Fi connectivity but no mobile plan, you can use this app to convert it to a free, full-featured working phone.
Upgrade to the full version of GrooVe IP (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gvoip) to remove ads and enable features:
- Calls over a mobile data connection not just WiFi
- Native dialer integration
- Proximity sensor support
- Change sign in status or sign in invisible
** NOTE ** Please ensure that your Google Voice account is associated with either a gmail or google apps account. To receive incoming calls you MUST go into your Google Voice account and forward calls to Google Chat.
** NOTE ** GrooVe IP Lite uses 1.2 MB per minute during a call
For requirements, setup details, answers to frequently asked questions, known issues, or more information, please visit
If you have any questions, feature requests, or run into any problems please contact us! We cannot help you if you only leave a comment.
*** FINE PRINT ***
- Google Voice℠ services are provided by Google, Inc. SNRB LABS, LLC is NOT affiliated with Google, Inc.
- Google Voice℠ is a call enhancement service which will not route emergency (911) calls.
- All calls are subject to Google Voice℠ calling rates. Currently calls within the US & Canada are free. Complete rate information can be found . Rates are subject to change at any time by Google, Inc.
For full license and credits information visit
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (). This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young (). This product includes software written by Tim Hudson ().
This product uses the Iksemel XML parser and Jabber protocol library. The use of the Iksemel library is governed by the GNU Lesser General Public License. The details of licensing terms and condtions for GNU Lesser GPL are available here (.
Speex is used for certain voice processing functionality. Speex is available under the Revised BSD License; the details of this license are available here ().