You can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have.
If you install the FoxFi AddOn app, you will also be able to hide tether usage by setting a proxy server address in the computer browser.
*Sprint has removed FoxFi from Market. Sprint users please install or upgrade from http://foxfi.com/bin, or scan the QR code in the third screenshot.
*An April firmware update On Motorola Razr/Razr Maxx sometimes causes the WiFi Hotspot to be intermittently invisible. If that happens you will need to restart the hotspot or even reboot your phone. You can also update to Android 4.0 (ICS). (We tried to detect when the problem occurs and display a message in 1.91 but that causes some users to give 1 star thinking our update breaks. So no more message from now on.)
Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a "repair" on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.