The Ten Commandments app displays the Hebrew Ten Commandments with full cantillation marks for both public reading and private study.
This app demonstrates the Hebrew in Hand technology from ZigZag, Inc. for Hebrew rendering on mobile devices. Hebrew in Hand provides complete, self-contained support for re-sizable, re-flowable, Hebrew/Yiddish and mixed-language text, and can be ported to many platforms. It includes:
• Hebrew fonts in multiple sizes designed especially for small displays;
• a proprietary text layout procedure for positioning Hebrew letters, vowels and cantillation marks;
• an implementation of the Unicode bidirectional algorithm for ordering mixed right-to-left and left-to-right text;
• line wrap logic to fit text to the particular display being used;
• expandable text sections, for reducing scrolling by allowing users to open parts of a text only if they are interested.
The Hebrew in Hand Traditional font, which can be viewed in seven sizes in this app, provides exceptional readability on any screen, whatever the resolution. Use the menu to
change the font size.